Wednesdays 6:30-8pm September through April.
Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed!
The acronym Awana comes from the letters of the phrase “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” which was taken from 2 Timothy 2:15.
Founded in 1950, the Awana ministry is:
- An international non-denominational Bible-centered children’s ministry;
- Committed to the evangelism and discipleship of children;
- Effective at getting the Gospel of Jesus Christ into the homes of families;
- Dedicated to assisting the local church in training parents to fulfill their role as the spiritual leaders of their children;
- Focused on missions both within the United States and also internationally.
Five Key Principles
Awana embraces five key principles:
- Awana is centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ;
- Scripture memory is a key element;
- Awana is exciting and fun;
- Children are trained to serve others just as Christ served; and
- Awana is built on volunteer leadership.
At the core of Awana are the weekly Wednesday night meetings. Children from 3 years old through 6th grade have fun playing age-appropriate games, memorizing Bible verses in an organized topical system and participating in large-group Bible teaching.
In Puggles, children are welcomed each week with play time, songs and simple crafts and activities. Leaders present age-appropriate lessons using large, colorful teaching cards, finger puppet plays and more. Lessons teach and reinforce four basic biblical precepts:
- God Made Everything
- God Saw That It Was Good
- God is Love
- Give Thanks
Participating in Puggles will give your child a head start on the path to loving and following God for life.
Preschoolers can hardly wait for their next Cubbies club meeting. Whether it’s the fun puppets, the exciting games or all their Cubbies friends, they simply love it. At Story Time each week, preschoolers learn about God – the greatness of His love and His Word – and about His Son, Jesus Christ, the promised Savior. Non-competitive games build excitement and reinforce Story Time lesson themes.
Cubbies helps you lead your child to God early so your child will respect and trust Him for life.
To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week! They love their red vests, the exciting games and spending time with leaders and friends.
Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®,WingRunner® and SkyStormer™. Each year, Sparks clubbers:
- explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
- memorize Bible verses
- complete handbook activities
The handbooks, combined with Large Group Time lessons from the WHO Do I Need to Know From the Bible series, take your child on a journey through the entire Bible!
Handbooks and large-group lessons deepen a child’s knowledge about God and His Word and teach how to put that knowledge into action in everyday life.
T&T is different from other Awana programs. It is comprised of two clubs with distinct curriculum, uniforms and awards:
- T&T Ultimate Adventure™ for third and fourth grades
- T&T Ultimate Challenge™ for fifth and sixth grades